Help keep your Kingston/New Paltz home dry and mold-free!
Mold can be a nightmare for any Kingston/New Paltz homeowner as well as cause some health issues.
Mold grows best in warm and damp climates so here are some easy steps to help prevent the growth in your home:
- Try to keep your home under 72 degrees.
- Don’t leave wet clothes and towels lying around. Mold can start to grow on wet clothes in under 48 hours.
- Clean and dry all surfaces. Sinks and floors and even walls are likely to have mold if they are damp for too long. Keep them clean, keep them dry.
- Run the fan in your bathroom while showering, open a window if you can.
- Improve your airflow. Keep furniture away from the walls. Leave your closet doors ajar. Try the fan and an open window rather than the air conditioning.
- Try a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers are great for basements and any room that can grow damp.
Not only can these step help leave your house smelling fresher and feeling dryer, it can help promote better health as well.
If mold has become an issue in your home or business, our certified techs have your back to take care of mold remediation. Call us today and we'll walk you through it all with ease.