Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Sewage back up in your home?
Imagine waking up one morning to find that sewage line that was supposed to be going out of your home, backed up and gurgling nasty stuff through your home. What do you do first?
-CALL A PLUMBER AND GET THAT ISSUE FIXED ASAP.
-Call your insurance company, put in the claim and they'll tell you to call us, SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz, store us in your phone 845-255-4334 and we'll be on our way to you in no time, we're faster to any size disaster!
Keep these key things in mind while help is on the way:
-Avoid all contact with sewage items and anything contaminated by sewage.
-Wash your hands thoroughly after any contact with contaminated items.
-Spread contaminated water by walking on damaged or wet areas.
-Turn on the HVAC system if there is a even a remote possibility of spreading contaminated air.
-Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
-Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
You can count on use to get this mess taken care of quickly!
Our trained technicians will take care of everything from there, extracting the water and debris, salvaging contents, cleaning, sanitizing, drying out everything keeping you in the know and getting it back the way things were, "Like it never even happened."
Call us 24/7 no matter the size of the damage, 845-255-4334.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (845) 255-4334
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Kingston / New Paltz has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Paltz
- Lincoln Park
- Port Ewen
- West Hurley
- Ulster Park