Does your Ulster County home have mold?
Mold growing on walls of Kingston, NY home. This was caused by a broken pipe that as not fixed properly during the winter season.
Mold Concerns? Let SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz help!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 845-255-4334
Flooding Tips to Help You in the Next Storm!
Always here to help you in any storm!
You know what they say...April Showers, Bring May Flowers. Well its that time of year...rain, rain! And with all this rain...the potential for flooding increases! In the event of water damaged caused by flooding, our SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz team is well equipped and well trained to make it "Like it Never Even Happened". Here are a few tips to help get the situation under control until we get there:
1. Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
2.Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to help even out the drying process.
3. Try and wipe up the excess water from any wood furniture after removing all tabletop items
4. Do not leaves books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on any flooring to avoid possible staining.
Need help with your water damage? Have questions or concerns? Call us today for a free consultation at 845-255-4334.
Preventing Broken Pipes!
Broken Pipes can lead to additional damage so it's important to fix them immediately.
Broken Pipes? Water Damage in your home? Let SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz help you!
When it's getting very cold out there and winter is upon us, don't be caught with broken pipes and water throughout your home! Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Network of California(2013) to prevent this from occurring:
1. Disconnect all garden hoses and other outside hose connections. If possible, use an indoor valve to shut off and drain water from pipes leading to outside faucets.
2. Insulate all exposed pipes located in your basement, under your home, on outside walls or in attics. For pipes with northern exposures, use heat tape according to the manufacturer's instructions. (Improper usage may cause a fire)
3. Set the thermostat to at least 55 degrees even when your home is vacant or unoccupied during the winter. If you plan to be away during cold-weather months, have someone regularly check your home to make sure it's staying warm enough to prevent freezing.
4. Winterize sprinkler systems according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Blowing out excess water with a compressor may be the best way to prevent frozen and broken pipes. If you have a swamp cooler, winterize it by disconnecting the water source and clearing the line.
5. Very important tip is knowing how to shut off the water supply if a pipe bursts. Quick action can minimize damage significantly!
SERVPRO® has Water Shutoff Tags that we can supply people to help prepare them in case of a broken pipe!
Contact us today at 845-255-4334 if you’d like a complimentary tag!
Emergency Preparedness for Your Ulster County Building
The SERVPRO Emergency Response Profile app is available for all smart phones!
Are you ready in case of an emergency? Let SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz help you!
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz is offering you an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for free! We know how important it is to be ready for whatever happens! That's why we are working with local businesses to develop an easy tool, that is available as an app on your phone, with all vital building information!
What is it?
A 24/48 hour snapshot of everything you may need to know in case of an emergency. It includes:
- Photos of utility shutoff locations (i.e. water, gas, alarms, etc.)
- Emergency Personnel Contact Information
- Emergency Protocols
- Floor Plans (...don’t have one? We’ll create one for you!)
- AVAILABLE IN HARDCOPY AND MOBILE APP FORM!
Why do it?
- It’s FREE! We do all the work for you!
- Concise document that has all vital information in one spot
- Easy to understand and read for all personnel
- Access Available 24/7
- Password secured document
We have completed over 500 ERPs for other local businesses in the Hudson Valley area. Let us help you be prepared! You never know when disaster may strike!
Contact Kelly Gamma at 845-255-4334 at the SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz office for your free demo!
SERVPRO Helping To Keep Dutchess & Ulster County Prepared for ANY Emergency
An ERP is a 24-48 hours snapshot of all the building and contact information you may need in the event of an emergency.
What is an Emergency Response Plan (ERP)?
A 24/48 hour snapshot of everything you may need to know in case of an emergency. It includes:
· Photos of utility shutoff locations (i.e. water, gas, alarms, etc.)
· Emergency Personnel Contact Information
· Emergency Protocols
· Floor Plans (...don’t have one? We’ll create one for you!)
· AVAILABLE IN FLIPCHART AND MOBILE APP FORM!
Why get an Emergency Response Plan (ERP)?
· It’s FREE! We do all the work for you!
· Concise document that has all vital information in one spot
· Easy to understand and read for all personnel
· Access Available 24/7
· Password secured document
Call SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County and SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz today at 845-255-4334 or email us at kelly@SERVPROwdc.com to get started on your ERP!
We’re here to help make you future damage “Like it never even happened”.
Commercial Cleanup & Restoration Services available in Ulster County!
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges. Let the SERVPRO Cleanup Team help make your damage, "Like it never even happened."
Flooding and water damage events at Ulster County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
Commercial Cleaning Services after Disaster!
Available 24/7 to help you!
Did you know that SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz AND SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County offers cleanup & restoration services for commercial properties in Dutchess & Ulster County?
SERVPRO is here to help in any residential or commercial property! We have extensive experience at restoring commercial properties to preloss condition in a timely manner! We understand how crucial it is to be back up and running as soon as possible so we are available 24/7 at 845-255-4334 and 845-831-3600 to help cleanup and restore water, fire & mold damages!
Did you know we are Large Loss Response Team certified?
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether it’s a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, we are prepared for the unpredictable.
Call 845-255-4334 for any questions or concerns!
Reconstruction Services Now Being Offered!
SERVPRO will take your damage and help make it "Like it never even happened".
We are now a one-stop shop!
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz is now offering reconstruction services for all mitigation damages! No longer do you need to find someone else to perform your restoration portion of the water, mold or fire damage! After we come in and perform the cleanup services, we can smoothly transition into the reconstruction services to help restore your home or office back to preloss condition!
With our new Reconstruction division, lead by Michael Scardaci, we are excited to offer the following services during the reconstruction process:
- Structural repairs
- Interior Design
- Flooring Replacement (all types)
- Exterior Finishes
- Tile Work
Call today for more information 845-255-4334 or visit our Facebook Page for more pictures and posts!
Fire Damage Tips!
Let SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz help make your fire damage "Like it never even happened."
What to do until help arrives, after you've had a fire.
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call 845-255-4334
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
We're available 24/7 to provide emergency fire services, board-up services & reconstruction services to help make your damage "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz Can Help With Your Storm Damage!
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz can help make your storm damage "Like it never even happened."
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (845) 255-4334
Why Choose SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz?
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- We're Faster to Any Size Disaster: When a storm hits your New Paltz home or business, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
- We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists: As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm condition.
- We're a Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters: In addition to our own resources, we can access equipment and personnel from over 1,700 Franchises across the state and country. We can even call upon strategically located Disaster Recovery Teams for catastrophic storms and major events.
- Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources: As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz is strategically located to respond quickly to your water or flood damage event. When a major storm or flood event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our Hudson Valley communities! Call 845-255-4334 today for help!