We're Here If Your Highland Home Suffers Electrical Fire Damage
Did you know house fires are more common during the winter months than at any other point during the year? It's true that while fires can happen during any season in Ulster County, colder months come with additional risks—many of those revolving around the ways we light and heat our homes.
Don’t ignore issues. If you notice anything that could be a sign of electrical problems, like burn or scorch marks on your walls near light fixtures or a burning smell when you plug in your appliances, seek help from an electrician immediately. These can be warning signs that something bigger is wrong, and it’s smart to address them.
Make sure your wiring is up to date. If you’re living in an older home, it’s smart to have a licensed electrician evaluate your wiring. It can be worth it to rewire your home if it has certain types of outdated wiring. Plus, taking this step can, in some cases, help you save some money on your homeowner’s insurance. Check with your local insurance agent for policy discounts.
Don’t leave appliances that generate heat plugged in. You’ll lower your risk of an accidental fire if you don’t leave items such as your toaster oven or hair dryer plugged into the outlet. Instead, only plug them in what you’re using and keep an eye on the devices while in use.
Space heater safety! If you must use a space heater, make sure it’s not plugged in to an extension cord, the safest bet is to have the heater plugged directly into the outlet.
Our team is always ready to respond and help you restore your home. Call us at any time to learn more about our restoration services. We’re here to help get you back to preloss condition and make it "Like it never even happened."