What Does Mold Remediation Mean for my Kingston Home?
Is there a difference between mold removal and mold remediation?
Since microscopic mold (or microbial) spores exist organically almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is NOT possible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, but this is completely false. We at SERVPRO understand mold behavior and mold growth and we have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
When water intrudes into your property, like a leaking pipe, flooding or appliance malfunction, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It occurs naturally so there is no way to eradicate it completely.
- Mold spores are microscopic, floating along in the air, and can enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies, when left untreated, may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be fixed. Otherwise, the mold will return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor that can smell damp, earthy or dirty. The odor will only go away when the mold is remediated.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. A humidifier in a basement, a fan in the bathroom, well-sealed basements and pipes are great ways to reduce indoor moisture levels.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Once you’ve had the cause of the moisture repaired, call SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz, our protocol will be customized to your property’s specific need including:
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold containment and/or encapsulation
- Air filtration systems
- Removing mold and mold-infested materials
- Cleaning of contents and belongings
In some cases, we’ll have a different course of recommendations and procedures. No matter the damage, we’ll get your property back to normal quickly and efficiently. SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz is locally owned and operated— we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community.
We understand you’ll have questions, we’ve got the answers and we’re here to help 24/7 at (845)255-4334.
Let the CERTIFIED professionals at SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz remediate the mold in your home or office!